Products in this Bundle (2)
This second grade habitats and ecosystems bundle gives you the flexibility to easily move between teaching in your classroom and remotely teaching via distance learning. This second grade resource combines both the print and digital versions of highly engaging and in-depth science units.
Inside is EVERYTHING you need to teach, practice, experiment, and assess two-three weeks of NGSS aligned lessons and labs.
The detailed lesson plans and narrated audio lessons make it easy to differentiate. Students easily work independently at home, or at school in the classroom. The moveable, interactive, digital activities make it fun for students to practice and apply what they are learning. Includes teacher directions for using and assigning the resources in Google Classroom.
This flexible bundle saves you money and makes it easy to teach science no matter where you are!
NOTE: You will need a Google account or Google Classroom to access the digital versions on Google Slides.
· A complete Teacher’s Guide with Unit Overview and Pacing Guide
· 7 detailed, step-by-step, scripted lesson plans
· 7-Lesson Teaching Power Point with vivid, ‘real life’ photos.
· Essential Questions, Objectives/ Learning Target Posters
· Student science journal with activity pages for each lesson
· Quick Check/Exit Tickets in 2 formats for each lesson (short written response or fill in the blank)
· Final Assessment with optional pages for differentiation
· 6 Science investigations/labs
· Experiment planning pages
· Vocabulary lesson cards + full page posters
· 5 Literacy-based Science Centers using science content to reinforce literacy skills
· Easy grade answer keys for all resources
· Related read aloud book list and video links media guide
Digital unit on Google Slides
· 7 Narrated lessons with Listen & Learn slides
· 7 Digital Science journal activities
· 14 Quick Check quizzes in multiple choice and fill in the blank formats
· Differentiated Unit Test
· 4 Interactive science centers: Cause & Effect, Classifying, Applying Vocabulary, Math Word Problems involving addition/subtraction/measuring lengths
LESSON & LAB TOPICS
Lesson 1: Identifying Habitats & Ecosystems
Lesson 2: Exploring Land Habitats
Lesson 3: Adapting to Land Habitats
Lesson 4: Exploring Water Habitats
Lesson 5: Adapting to Water Habitats
Lesson 6: Habitat Diversity & Interdependence
Lesson 7: Protecting Habitats
Students explore micro-habitats, simulate and demonstrate adaptations, build models, and conduct investigations in the following labs:
What Lives At School? Exploring Micro-habitats
How Do Fish Breathe Underwater? Gill demonstration
Build a Model Water Plant
Design & Build a Land and Water Habitat on a Plate
How Do Water Animals Stay Warm? Blubber Demonstration
Comparing Habitat Diversity with simple models
*Please see the preview for details and pictures of all resources included in this unit.
Second Grade Science BUNDLES
CLICK HERE for all Second Grade Science Units
Around the Kampfire
SECOND GRADE TEACHERS
Sign up HERE if you would like me to email you when new 2nd grade science units are released and deeply discounted for a limited time.
Upcoming 2nd grade units:
THIRD GRADE TEACHERS
I am now starting on the 3rd grade science series aligned to NGSS.
Sign up HERE if you would like me to email you when new 3rd grade science units are released and deeply discounted for a limited time.