Also included in
- This project-based learning lesson plan mega bundle includes a large number of ready-made PBL resources that help move high school students from teacher-directed to teacher-guided to student-led. The lesson plans for project-based learning meet a variety of skill levels. Some are for beginner projec$96.60$138.00Save $41.40
- Are you looking for hands-on, engaging, real-world, and experiential high school biology projects, specifically focused on high school ecology, conservation, and wildlife topics? This bundle is for you. It includes a variety of experiential learning activities around the theme of wildlife and conser$72.40$91.00Save $18.60
- Are you looking for experiential science projects as they relate to the earth and human activity? This bundle includes environmental science projects for high school students that highlight the relationship between human activities and biodiversity loss. Those human activities include H.I.P.P.O - ha$35.20$44.00Save $8.80
- This biodiversity project based learning high school biology bundle includes three resources, all of which take the approach of looking at the relationship between habitats and biodiversity, examining habitat and biodiversity loss, exploring solutions, and acting on those solutions.Each student or s$13.20$16.50Save $3.30
Students will explore habitats for this high school biology project based learning experience. This project based learning lesson plan is self-directed, so there are a variety of opportunities for student choice throughout the experience. Students design their own project-based learning experiences including choosing their own subtopic (habitat type), final product to demonstrate learning, their authentic audience, and how they will share new skills and knowledge with that audience.
Each student chooses a habitat to study. They explore biotic and abiotic features that characterize their chosen habitat, climate, populations, communities, relationships, habitat changes, threats, etc.
This resource is a great addition to any high school science class with an emphasis on ecological concepts. Students gain content knowledge, including Next Generation Science Standards cross cutting concepts, in addition to the 21st century skills essential for 21st-century learners.
This product includes:
- Teacher and student guides
- Project introduction discussion questions
- Topic brainstorming activity suggestions
- Project based learning checklist
- Project planning guide
- Research guide/organizer
- "Challenge Yourself" extension options
- Generic project-based learning rubric
- Project learning reflection questions
This resource includes a printable and digital Google Slides version. The digital version can be assigned to students via Google Classroom where students can add and share their content with you.
Note: The printable PDF is not editable at this time. The digital version offers the option to overlay text and images and to remove or delete slides to fit your needs.
If you liked this resource, check out these products as well!
Helpful FREE resources from ELD
Helpful and Relevant Blog Posts from ELD
- Self-Directed Steps in Project-Based Learning
- (Almost) 100 Digital Final Product Ideas for School Projects
Interested in new resource alerts, freebies, tips, tricks, and more?
- Click the green star to get new resource alerts
- Join my newsletter.
- Blog – Experiential Learning Depot
- Facebook Group - Experiential Learning Community for k-12 Teachers
Earn TPT Credits:
Follow Experiential Learning Depot and earn TpT credits by giving feedback on this product. A sincere thank you for your business. Feel free to contact me through email at any time with questions on this product - firstname.lastname@example.org
Cover Font Credit: MR. FISK Fonts