Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Learning about organisms and their habitats is a big part of the Kindergarten Next Gen Science Standards. This 4 week in-depth unit gives students hands on activities, Science labs, literacy connections, and math connections to help them understand the big idea, "Organisms use their habitats to survive."
See this unit in action coming soon ON THE BLOG!
This unit was written to be taught in the fall with connections to pumpkins, etc. However, there are suggestions and plans for if you do this unit during another time of year also. It will work any time of year!
THE FOLLOWING NEXT GEN STANDARDS ARE ADDRESSED:
• Habitats: K.LS1.1, K.ESS3.1, K.ESS2.2, K.ESS3.3
Included in this packet:
• unit outline with the big idea and essential question for each week
• weekly detailed lesson plans
• 18 objective cards plus a blank objective card
• 5 writing prompt pages (with and without sentence frames)
• Our Habitats class book
• I Can Stay Healthy booklet
• habitats vocab word find
• 18 vocabulary word wall cards
• 11 Anchor Chart Templates in full color and BW: organisms can/need, living & non-living, where are seeds?, animals can/have/need, plants can/have/need, plants/animals venn diagram, plant parts, ways to thrive (healthy habits), animals change their habitats, humans change their habitats, take care of the earth
• answer keys when needed
• living/non-living cut and paste sort
• organisms poem
• animal shared research page
• I can take care of the earth craftivity
• seed sort page
• habitats 4 corners posters and animal cards
• plant puzzle in color and black and white to cut and paste
• Plant a Seed science lab
• Digital Slideshows: Are there seeds inside of me?, What's wrong with this home?, What will this grow to be?
• Interactive slideshow for choosing a home for an animal. Click through the clues and reveal the pictures
Copyright Whitney Shaddock, 2018, licensed for one classroom use only. Please use the multiple licensing option for more than one classroom use!