What Does The Text Say? Searching for Text Evidence Through Non-Fiction Reading.
In my classroom I plan my reading instruction using paired text and themed reading units. Most of my fiction lessons were based on read alouds, and my non-fiction lessons were project based learning and student led or shared research projects.
I found I still has a need for more skills based independent reading, especially when it came to identifying and using text based evidence.
So I created a resource that combined non-fiction passages to practice skills based standards, to foster independent reading and writing, and included project based and extension activities that my kids LOVE to do.
This unit includes the Habitats Non-Fiction Text Packet and Research Companion in one simple bundle!
* 7 non-fiction reading passages (for independent reading, small group, close reading, group research, homework, or assessment purposes)
* 7 text dependent questions sets (for independent and small group practice, or assessment purposes)
* 7 writing templates (for round robin writing, shared writing, independent practice, or research writing)
* 2 sets of teacher notes (how I use in my classroom & suggestions for your use
* 7 vocabulary posters
* 1 extension activity
* 4 adaptation labs with teacher notes & lab reports (blubber bag, camouflage, bird beaks, underwater communication)
* 3 research companions (fact brochures, mini books, fact posters)
Everything you need for a complete non-fiction unit on habitats. Print as a booklet for an easy no prep unit for the week!
*If you are looking for a research supplement ONLY, check out my habitat research companion pack*
*If you are looking for a habitat reading and response packet, check out my habitat non fiction text packet*