COVERS: Desert, Rainforest, Tundra, Ocean, Freshwater, Taiga, Deciduous Forest, and Grasslands
Teaching and learning about animal habitats can be tons of fun! This unit includes tons of integrated plans, links to activities and movies, a student research booklet, note taking forms, research paper templates, a slideshow rubric, 22 lessons clearly explained, a world map introduction, graphing, and a test. This unit will make your planning much easier. This unit is so diverse and will be sure to make planning a breeze not to mention engage your students.
There are over 26 lessons written in teacher friendly terms.
How does it work?
-Research (STEP by STEP)
-Activity (some hands-on and some are paper and pencil)
-Complete the research sheet. INTERACTIVE!!
- The kids cut out animals and place them in the right habitat!
- Write factual sentences.
- Map it! Map each habitat on the world map and list the continents.
What does this include? (All lessons include necessary printables)
-- Unit Plan Sheet One
- 2 Lessons on habitats (nonfiction reading, group activities)
- 2 Lessons on fact and opinion (graphing activity)
-1 Map Skills lesson (World Map)
- 3 Desert Lessons
- 3 Rainforest Lessons
-Unit Plan Sheet Two
-3 Grasslands Lessons
-3 Tundra Lessons
-3 Ocean Lessons
-2 Freshwater Lessons
- Research Paper
- Create a display
-Animal Habitats Nonfiction Comprehension Sheet (2 pages)
- Close Reading
- Grammar Emphasis
- Animal Habitats Brainstorming Cards Page
- Animal Habitats Table (Introduction)
- Animal Habitats Graphing Sheet
- Facts and Opinions Sheet
-World Map Sheet
-Cute Research Blackline Master Cover Page
- Animal Picture Page (cut out the animals and glue them in the right habitats)
- Desert Note Taking Page
- Desert Research Page
- Rainforest Note Taking Page
-Rainforest Research Page
- Grasslands Note Taking Page
-Grasslands Research Page
- Tundra Note Taking Page
- Tundra Research Page
-Ocean Note Taking Page
- Ocean Research Page
- Freshwater Note Taking Page
- Freshwater Research Page
-Taiga Note Taking Page
-Taiga Research Page
-Deciduous Forest Note Taking Page
- Deciduous Forest Research Page
- Slideshow Project Rubric
-Slideshow Project Helper Sheet
-Slideshow Template (Rough Draft on paper)
- Research Paper Template (Beginners Template)
- Research Paper Template (Intermediate Template)
- Two versions to meet the diverse needs of your classroom!
-Unit Test including open ended answers, multiple choice, and fill in the blank
This unit was written for my second graders! It is jam packed with integration! -science, math, writing, geography, and technology!! You won't be disappointed.
Mary Bown- Connecting the Dots