Our science folders are a perfect way to visually show your student's understanding of various land and water habitats! The plant and animal habitats covered in this folder are: DESERT, RAINFOREST, FOREST, TUNDRA, SAVANNA, POND, and OCEAN. When the folder is assembled and completed, it makes a wonderful display and representation of the science topic covered in class. Not only will your students be excited to show off what they learned, but parents and administrators LOVE the finished product!
Here is what is included in this pack:
1. Teacher guide with directions on how to assemble each section of the folder
2. Folder Cover (color and B&W)
3. Vocabulary words with definitions (color and B&W); Vocabulary words with blank lines to allow the option for students to write their own definitions
4. "Types of Habitats" reading comprehension mini book
5. Animal Habitats: Match It Up cut and paste assessment
6. "Fresh vs. Salt Water" science experiment with teacher guide and recording sheet
7. Folder Labels (30 to a page)
These folders support Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS)**, which makes teaching each standard fun and interactive!
***Life Science LS4: Biological Evolution: Unity and Diversity
LS1.C: Organization for Matter and Energy Flow in Organisms
LS4.D: Biodiversity and Humans
Perfect for grades K-2nd! For Kindergarten students, these folders may require a more guided instruction approach. First and second grade students will be able to complete the activities more independently. Please download our preview to see pictures of the completed folder...Enjoy!
Check out our other science folders:
LIVING vs. NON-LIVING
PLANT Life Cycle & Needs
Parts of a PLANT
STATES of MATTER
FORCES and MOTION
TYPES of ENERGY