This lesson was designed as a reading activity for Chapter 2 of the novel Hachiko Waits.
- explain the responsibilities of pet owners, specifically how pet owners can raise a happy, healthy pet.
- refer to details from informational articles to support their opinions and ideas about the topic pet owner responsibilities.
- make text-to-self and text-to-text comparisons about pet owner responsibilities.
This resource includes:
- materials with differentiation for fourth-grade students with varying academic ability - including English Language Learners, students with learning disability (memory processing disorder), and gifted students
- collaborative activities that promote discussion
- suggestions for formative and summative assessment as well as - remedial and extension modifications
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single class only.
Not for public display.