*** Click preview to see a short student created video entitled Volcano of Doom. ***
Haikus – Animoto Style …Bringing your poetry to life using images, text and music.
Science, ELA, and Technology integration...oh my!
This activity will inspire even your most reluctant student to be a creative writer. Incorporating Science, Technology and Writing, this is an outstanding tech integration activity. Using the enclosed materials, guide your students into creating an animated Haiku based on their chosen Science topic. Grab your copy now and get started today!
1. Video - Animoto website tech tutorial
2. Video - Animoto iPad tech tutorial
3. Directions on how to apply for a free educator’s account
4. Directions for how to register student accounts
5. Technology integration lesson plan focusing on Science, English Language Arts, and Technology
6. Exemplars of completed student videos (Links &QR codes)
7. Haiku poster
8. 3 versions of student printables for creating own haiku
9. 2 versions of student project reflection forms
10. Links & QR codes to online tech tools
11. Links & QR codes to poetry tools
12. Bonus: 2 storyboard templates
What is Animoto?
Animoto is an online slideshow video maker. With both a web version and an app, it allows you to create video slideshows from photos and video clips. This tech tool can easily be used in all subject areas.
No iPad or tablet, yet? No problem. Since my goal is to assist with technology integration, I have included links to a variety of online tech tools.
*** My goal is to help you fully integrate your current technology tools into the curriculum in a meaningful way. We want to enrich, extend, and excite our students so that they excel in their education. ***