Also included in
- Engage your middle school Language Arts classes with these spooky short stories! Students will learn about suspense, foreshadowing, characterization, satire and more with these fun Halloween lessons! Short stories include "A Ghost Story" by Mark Twain, "The Tell-Tale Heart" by Edgar Allan Poe, and "Price $12.00Original Price $15.00Save $3.00
"The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" is the perfect short story to read with middle school students around Halloween! This PDF file contains everything you need (worksheets, assignments, etc.) to help you Language Arts students read and analyze the haunted tale. The best part? Zero preparation is required! Simply print and go!
First, a Slides Presentation is included that introduces the story and helps build students background knowledge, introduces the setting, the characters and more! These resources can be used with Washington Irving's full text OR a slightly shortened and simplified version of the short story has been included. The adaptation is an easier version to understand, making it more accessible to middle school students.
Multiple Student Assignment Worksheets are included to help students practice important English Language Arts skills. Assignments include a character analysis assignment; a context clue vocabulary assignment; and a fun figurative language activity.
Digital Options for assignments are available via TpT's EASEL Activities!
- Slides Presentation introducing story and building students' background knowledge.
- A modified, simplified version of "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" by Washington Irving.
- Character Analysis Assignment
- Context Clue Vocabulary Assignment
- Fun Figurative Language Activity
- Answer Keys!
- Teacher Guidelines and Instructions
- Detailed Lesson Outline for Teachers
- Character Analysis
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Creative Thinking Skills
- Short Story Reading
- The Elements of Fiction
More Spooky & Suspenseful Short Stories:
Buy the Bundle & SAVE 20%!!!
You Might Also Be Interested In:
Did you know that TpT gives you credits towards future purchases when you leave feedback? Your feedback is so important to me as I try to provide the best products possible! Please go to your "My Purchases" page (you may need to log in). Next to each purchase, you'll see a "Provide Feedback" button. Simply click on the button and it will take you to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment. Thank you so much for providing valuable feedback!
Connect with Me!
Click on the "Follow Me" button on my store page to see all my latest products and updates!
Follow me on Instagram @mrs.nelson.teaches.
Follow me on Pinterest! Brenna Nelson
Check out my NEW Blog: mrsnelsonteaches.com