These fun and engaging word searches & math worksheets for kids are great classroom activities to celebrate Halloween. Your 1st and 2nd graders will love them!
A great activity to help learners identify words associated with Halloween; it also improves spelling and enhances proofreading skills.
This Word Search allows for differentiated learning and includes the following:
- printable copies
- 2 WS, same words, different puzzle layouts
- interactive puzzles with and without timer (double click the index.html file or drag it into the *browser's URL bar)
- Set of answers
*(Please note that Microsoft Edge could not display interactive puzzles when tested)
Printable Maths Worksheet
Four pages of Two-digit subtraction & addition sums with grouping (includes answer keys)
Printable Number Sense Worksheet
Number Sense Skills Practice for first graders counting to 100 and writing
Digital Interactive Word Scramble (HTML)
6 Halloween words to unscramble - drag and drop the letters into the correct order. Great for practicing fine motor skills and enhancing spellings. Printable pdf included.
Important HTML Resources:
Please note that all HTML files can be used for Zoom activities with your students. Please make sure that you open the index.html file in your browser from inside the corresponding folder. Do not remove the index.html file from its original folder or it will not work.
Printable Word List with Values
Make as many words as possible from one word HALLOWEEN; each letter tile has a value; add up the scores on the tiles for each correct word made.
- Use the interactive word search timed version to encourage competition between individuals OR play timed version through an interactive board to encourage small groups competition - record fastest times completed
- Double side the Word Search & Number Sense worksheet to save paper (double-sided copy included for your convenience: printer settings long-edge)
- Math worksheets can be used as an assessment, a place for learner name has been added OR use peer marking - other uses, gap fillers, bell ringers (no pages numbers in case you wish to use these separately).
- Encourage competition between learners to see who can achieve the highest score from the Word List; as well as encouraging learners to identify and spell words, it will also give them math addition practice. Use calculators to add up total scores.
All Digital Interactive resources may be added to individual classroom computers or run through the interactive board to encourage learner interaction.
These no-prep Halloween resources will also make a great addition to your literacy and math centers. They could be used for bell ringers, early & fast finishers, indoor recess, intervention, and more.
Please leave constructive feedback once you have used this resource with your learners; you will earn credits toward future purchases, many thanks.