Also included in
- This bundle of Halloween activities for middle school are a bundle full of fun! Halloween logic puzzles, an October word search and a haunted house escape box / craft are bundled into one silly October fun packet. It's a no-prep and perfect for those times when the kids need something "extra" --- a$14.27$15.85Save $1.58
Halloween activities for middle school just got more fun! Halloween ELA activities with a fun prize included --- a unique way to keep them thinking while having fun. It's more than just a Halloween escape room for October fun, a haunted house craftivity, Halloween puzzles, or a color by number activity -- it's a team-building journey for your students that requires almost no prep from you!
Here's how this Halloween ELA activity works:
- It all starts with reconstructing a literary quote from Edgar Allen Poe's The Raven: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before".
- The journey continues on to a fun crossword search puzzle -- students solve crossword-style clues to find the answers in a word search grid. There's a funny Halloween riddle to solve that will make even the most jaded older kids giggle.
- Next, an unusual logic puzzle is presented -- your kids will be challenged to read carefully to figure out who stayed the night in a haunted house.
- And finally, there's the prize -- the lovely, lovely prize. Based on their answers to the other puzzles, students use the key provided to color in the silly, spooky Halloween house. Cut it out, fold it up (instructions provided), and there's a cool silly house as a prize. It's self-grading! If the students did not solve the other puzzles correctly, the coloring of the house will be incorrect. And it's not obvious beforehand how to color the house - it may LOOK obvious, but it is not!
All of the answers are included, even a properly colored-in house. All you have to provide is markers or colored pencils and scissors, and some glue or tape. No physical locks or Google forms required!
If you have access to flameless LED tea lights, you can light the house up from the inside for a totally cute classroom decoration (check out the video for a short view of what they look like in the dark!).
There's a bonus writing activity that supports the standards listed. It's optional.
Use in small groups for team-building.
Kids can even do the puzzles independently.
Every worksheet page can be printed in black and white so it's easy on your printer.
Your students will get a prize.
Teaches logic, vocabulary, ELA, social studies, and following directions.
Don't miss out on the funnest middle-school Thanksgiving activity ever - grab our Thanksgiving Turkey escape box.
If you would like a resource to use with elementary school students, here's our Thanksgiving activities for elementary.
And if your kids enjoyed this activity, try our new Christmas make-your-own silly green elf activity!
P.S. --- A teacher asked a question in our Q & A about shortening the time required. We have included instructions for shortcuts in the resource, which you can preview.