Using a number line to add and subtract is an important strategy for students to learn. This activity set combines lots of practice with addition and subtraction within 20, focusing on adding and subtracting zero, one, and two, with just a bit of Halloween fun , in the form of a sweet and happy (not scary!!) little ghost!
There are so many ways to use these addition and subtraction math cards and related activities!
* Match numerals to addition cards, using either 1-10 or 1-20
* Match numerals to subtraction cards, using either 1-10 or 1-20
* Place either addition or subtraction number model cards (1-10 or 1-20) around your classroom and have students find the cards and write the number model next to the numeral on their Read Around the Room recording sheet. Four recording sheets are included: addition (1-10 and 11-20) and subtraction (1-10 and 11-20).
* Use the number model cards for practice counting up and back on the number line. A Little Friendly Ghost number line is also included in this resource. Great to use for a document camera lesson, with each child also having his or her own number line.
* Play Go Fish, with students drawing cards and matching sets of 3: numeral, addition number model and subtraction number model.
* Use the 128 one-step operation cards in a small group for practice or remediation in RtI or math interventions, or in your own classroom to help your students past those first tricky steps in adding and subtracting on the number line.
* Use the 26 two-step operation cards independently in a math center for practice moving up and back on the number line.
* Mix up either the addition model cards or the subtraction model cards. Have students order them by the answer as a math center activity. A recording sheet for one to ten is included.
This resource is Common Core aligned for standards in both kindergarten and first grade. A listing is included in the download.
Thanks for your interest in this product! You’ll also like…
See more K-2 autumn activities here.
Would you like to save money on future TPT purchases? It’s easy!
Please go to your My Purchases page. Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Just click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment about the product. Your feedback is important to me! It helps me to improve products and design the new resources you need for your classroom.
Be the first to know about my newest resources:
Click here to follow my store. You'll get an email update whenever I post a new resource. You’ll also find an occasional “Followers Only” freebie in your TpT inbox, just to say thanks!☺