This Halloween Holiday activity consists of 6 Story Problems following lessons on Algebra I units covering "Variable Expressions" and "Properties of Real Numbers."
The story problems address the following concepts students are now familiar with:
1. Addition of multiple positive and negative integers
2. Calculating the cost using decimals.
3. Calculating distance with a given rate and time
4. Calculating perimeter using variables and the distributive property; substitution.
5. Calculating displacement
6. Calculating cost using mental math and the distributive property.
This is an opportunity to combine the Halloween spirits with the beauty of mathematics...