With 15 informational web questions, this resource is just the thing to use as a learning tool about the holiday of Halloween. Bats, Owls, spiders, pumpkins, the human skeleton, the origin of Halloween, superstitions, and famous stories in literature, are covered. There are comprehension questions, lots of fun facts, extension activities(including writing in the content area), and additional links for teachers.
Wish a student version, just let me know and I will send it along.
Perhaps, you may be interested in these additional resources:
1. Pretend you are a pumpkin sitting on a front porch on Halloween night. What do you see? What do you hear? How do you feel? Write a story about your evening. Just one sample of extension activities included. This informative webquest on PUMPKIN would be great for LA classes,a fall activity, or for a substitute lesson!
Try my webquest on PUMPKINS! There are 10 web questions, comprehension questions and 11 extension activities/links. Pumpkin Webquest
2. Great for Halloween time. Kids love mummies!Practice oral reading fluency in Language Arts with this biographical reader's theater on King Tut.Learn lots of cool facts about mummies and the discovery of King Tut's tomb with this play. Comprehension/discussion questions/ extension activities,Great for informative text/listening standards! King Tut, A Reader's Theater Script
3. Candy is on Kids' minds with Halloween.Over 35 million pounds of candy corn is made each year! Show your students that even candy has a history!Learn facts including marshmallows date back to 2000 BC and King Tut's Tomb contained licorice. Several additional resources and extension activities,too. Skills include:reading for information and using research/computer skills. History of Candy, A Webquest
4. MUMMIES! Mummies aren't just found in ancient Egyptian culture. Mummies have been found all over the world! In fact, the oldest man-made mummies are found in the country of Chile! Mummies can be naturally created or man-made. This web quest includes the different types of mummies and has 12 web questions including information on Bog Mummies such as Tollund Man, the Inca Mummies,the Taklamakan Desert Mummies of China, Otzi, the frozen mummy, the Chinchorro Mummies of Chile, the Egyptian mummies... and more. There are comprehension questions, a Did You Know? section, a teacher section with extension activities, additional links and the key. Great for a Friday activity, at Halloween time, or if you are studying ancient Egypt.Mummies! A Webquest
5. I also have a BOOM Card resource on the history of candy(30 deck cards): https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/BOOM-CARDS-Everything-has-a-History-Even-Candy-5831241
* Perhaps, you may be interested in following my store. Click by the green star by my photograph. I send monthly notes and offer some specials from time to time.