Halloween Art Project: Scaredy-Pumpkin Art Lesson Plan
Here is a mixed media project for Halloween!
It allows the students to work on facial expressions and to draw a pumpkin, while learning how to add volume.
Students will learn to draw « hollow letters ».
-Grade 3 and up, high school too.
-Drawing and painting
-Cold and warm colours
-Light and dark values
-Filling in the space
-Hard tempera paint (tablets or discs)
-Cartridge paper or white cardboard
This document includes:
-A step-by-step description with photos
-An evaluation rubric
-A small guide to help the students appreciate the artwork at the end of the project
-Examples of scared facial expressions (drawings)
-4 sheets to learn to create « Hollow letters »
Duration : About 5 class periods
Thank you for visiting my store !
I welcome feedback.
Your comments can help me make my resources better for you. In addition, when you give feedback, you receive TpT credits, which may be used to purchase any product at any store on the Teachers Pay Teachers website (subject to the site’s rules and regulations).
You can learn more by clicking on the link below:
Click Provide Feedback to earn TpT credits.
Every $1 spent = 1 credit
50 credits = $2.50 off a purchase
You may :
• Use this item for your own personal use.
• Use this item for your own classroom and/or students.
• Copy this item for use in your classroom by your students.
You may not:
• Give this item to others, including other teachers.
• Copy this item for use by others.
• Post this item on a website, including a personal website, classroom website, or district website.
• Copy or modify any part of this document to offer others for free or for sale.