This packet contains the following:
• Big vs. little
• Tall vs. short
• Happy vs. sad, long vs. short, loud vs. quiet, more, and cold.
• There's also a color sort (sorting between black and orange objects).
• An open-ended game board that is played similar to Candy Land.
The preview includes one big vs. little sorting activity, one tall vs. short page, and the orange vs. black color sort.
*Instructions are included in the download*
• Prepositions: There are four objects on the following page - a pumpkin, tombstones, a candy bag, and candies. The student has to select the correct objects to use from the field of four and must place the first item correctly with the second item listed.
• Same vs. Different: On each card the student must tell which two objects are the same and which are different. If they are a little more advanced with this skill, you can have the student tell you how the objects are the same and different. Some cards are more obvious and some are a little tricky.
• Big vs. Little: Four big objects and four little objects on each page. The student must cut out each box and sort the objects into a big pile or a little pile. This could be a great activity for homework.
• Tall vs. Short: The student must tell which children are tall and which are short. This page would also be great for describing! Have the student describe each child's costume.
• One page of random basic concepts (happy/sad, long/short, loud/quiet, more, and cold). These cards just ask the student to identify the specified basic concept on the card. 8 cards total.
• Orange vs. Black Color Sort: 6 black and 6 orange objects. Student must put all of the black objects in a pile and all of the orange objects in a pile. You could use this page for describing as well!
• Open-ended Candy Game: This is played similar to Candy Land. There are three pages of separate candies following this page in the download. The student must select a card from a pile and will receive either an orange, green, or purple candy. The student must then move to that color on the board leading his/her token all the way down to the end. You can select which color candies will be the winner, and the student with the most of that specific color (orange, green, or purple) will be the winner!
Be sure to visit Breanna's Speech Blog
for more activities!
Be sure to check out other basic concepts products:
Christmas Basic ConceptsValentine's Day Basic ConceptsSt. Patrick's Day Basic ConceptsFourth of July Basic Concepts