1. Give every student a bingo page.
2. Display the CVC word card or show the picture card located on pages 3-5 (depending on student ability).
3. The Student must then identify the word or picture on their bingo card and place the pumpkin chip on the correct spot.
4. If a student has all words or pictures they should call BINGO.
5. If the student incorrectly calls out BINGO, they are disqualified from that round.
6. The pumpkin chips are located on page 14 and multiple copies of that page should be made, depending on the number of players.
7. After the game, the student can spell the CVC words within the 9 boxes located at the bottom of their bingo page,
Common Core Standards:
Isolate and pronounce the initial, medial vowel, and final sounds (phonemes) in three-phoneme (consonant-vowel-consonant, or CVC) words.1 (This does not include CVCs ending with /l/, /r/, or /x/.)
Recognize that spoken words are represented in written language by specific sequences of letters.
Associate the long and short sounds with the common spellings (graphemes) for the five major vowels.