Science demonstrations that are popular in EVERY classroom!
Students watch as a bottle of harmless-looking liquid begins to bubble and overflow out of control with a simple catalyst, or as water turns into dark pink "blood", or as carbon dioxide sublimates from a solid into a hazy, spooky fog.
Originally designed as high school demonstrations, these are easy enough to be used in middle school, and most are safe enough for elementary school. Simply modify how much of the "science behind the demo" you explain.
Included for each demonstration:
1) List of materials
2) Step-by-step instructions
3) DETAILED and THOROUGH explanation of the science behind each demonstration. The scientific explanations are advanced enough for high school Chemistry.
**NOTE** You will need to purchase the following items for the demonstrations:
1) "Oozing Goo" (hydrogen peroxide, dry yeast, dish soap, popsicle stick, empty bottle)
2) "Un-burnable Zombie Money" (rubbing alcohol, dollar bill)
3) "Fiery Floating Ghosts" (tea bags, matches or lighter)
4) "Haunted Fog Rings" (air-zooka, dry ice)
5) "Water Into Blood" (sodium hydroxide, phenolphthalein)
6) "It Was a Dark and Foggy Ice Cream" (cream, half-and-half, sugar, vanilla, LIQUID NITROGEN, large bowl, wooden spoon)
Enjoy, and check out my store for other great science products!
OTHER HIGH SCHOOL SCIENCE PRODUCTS:
Matter & Change Writing Worksheet
Atomic Structure: Model of the Atom *Bundle*
Chemistry Bell Ringers - Warm-ups - "Intro to Chem"
Hazard & Safety Signs
LAB DAY YAY! Banner (FREE)
Lab Safety Quiz with key (editable)
Lab Safety & Hazard Sign PowerPoint Game (FREE)
Lab Report Rubric - High School