Students will ask for this "duck, duck, goose" style singing game again and again! Enhance the activity by inviting students to play classroom instruments as they play the game.
- class forms a fairly tight sitting circle with room for child to walk around the outside
- distribute two types of classroom instruments (For example, lummi sticks and sand blocks)
- For the first half of the verse, the child who is "Clara", walks around the outside of the circle touching each head while sitting students play one of the instruments.
- On the second half of the verse, the sitting children switch instruments while Clara continues.
- The student whose head is touched on the last word will stand up and race/walk quickly around the circle in the opposite direction from Clara back to his or her own space.
- That student becomes the new Clara Critch and the game continues.
This song is also available as part of the "Clara Critch is a Cackling Witch Complete Package" for only $5.