Halloween Clues for Vocabulary & Inferences is designed for Pre-K – 2nd grade and addresses skills including making inferences, associations, answering questions, labeling, and describing/defining. Included in the packet are the following items.
1. 30 printable teaching cards that include clues, picture stimulus, and answers depicting 30 Halloween associated vocabulary items/concepts, i.e., “A ghost’s favorite word is ___.” and “How to turn a pumpkin into a jack-o-lantern (carve).”
2. 30 printable clue cards with pre-printed die for use with a game board
3. 30 printable answer cards with an illustration and text (These can be used with the clue cards for question – answer lessons or for playing a game of concentration/memory matching the clues and answers)
4. 2 printable vocabulary comprehension/receptive vocabulary pages (15 illustrated items per page) with coordinating clue pages. The teacher reads a clue and the students choose from the 15 pictured items the item that matches the clue. The vocabulary pages can be printed OR downloaded to iBooks for use on an iPad.
5. 1 printable game board. Students use the included clue cards with pre-printed die for playing this game. The game board can be printed OR downloaded to iBooks for use on an iPad.
6. A clue book that can be downloaded for use on an iPad in iBooks.
In addition to the items available in the download, those who purchase the packet will also receive information in the download regarding how to receive a FREE coordinating ‘box’ for use in the SpeechBox iPad app. (Note: You must have an iPad with the SpeechBox app installed in order to use the free ‘box’.)