Also included in
- Binary Coding without computers. Activities to introduce students to Binary Code unplugged. This resource introduces students to the coding methods of Binary. Students will learn the 'on' and 'off' method of Binary while exploring the activities. Perfect for problem solving or STEM time in the clas$19.96$32.50Save $12.54
Unplugged Halloween coding activities for your classroom. Students will decode Secret Halloween Jokes, Create their own coded messages, code their own Halloween tag with their favorite Halloween costume and make a coded Halloween card!
This resource introduces students to the coding methods of Binary. Students will learn the 'on' and 'off' method of Binary while exploring the activities. Perfect for problem solving or STEM time in the classroom.
★Binary Coding Explained
★Binary Alphabet Conversion
★Binary Alphabet Conversion mini charts
★Code a Picture
★Secret Code - decoding Binary Halloween Joke #1
★Secret Code - decoding Binary Halloween Joke #2
★Code your costume tags
★Halloween Coding Card
★Halloween secret message
★How to use this resource ideas
After completing these activities students should be able to:
- apply the Binary method to other coding problems
- gain an understanding of computer language
- problem solve errors and correct them
- eventually move onto more advanced languages of coding
Please MODEL and clearly discuss directions for this activity to allow students the greatest chance of success
Please Note: When using letters, all binary coding letters start with a zero first, therefore it is often omitted when writing coding. For this reason, I have chosen to include 7 digits.
Teacher Notes: Printing out the 'Halloween Tags' onto colored card makes for a great classroom display.
You may also like:
You may also like:
⇒Feedback and Followers
FOLLOW MY STORE
CURIOSITY and the HUNGRY MIND and get notifications of new product.