This Halloween Costume Fashion Show activity will provide a fun and engaging way to address the Language Standards in the Common Core. This activity is aligned with 4th grade CCS, but can be used for 3rd and 5th grade students as well.
With this activity, the students will be provided a model card. The model card has a picture of a model in a costume. The students will then work in groups to create a script that a fashion show announcer would read to introduce the costume. The students will then have a “fashion show” for the costume models. Everything you need is included in this unit.
Here is what is included in the packet:
- Cover page p. 1
- Common Core Standards Addressed p. 2
- Directions pp. 3-4
- Halloween Costume Model Cards in both color and black and white pp. 5-17
- Plan Sheet Instructions p. 18
- Halloween Costume Terms pp. 19-20
- All Dressed Up! Plan Sheet (one for each model) pp. 21-26
- Plan Sheet and Final Copy Paper pp.27-28
- Flip the Script Grammar Scavenger Hunt Activity p. 29
- Grading Checklist p. 30
- Examples for the Teacher (includes a model card, example Halloween Costume Terms, All Dressed Up! and a script to share with your students to help generate ideas) pp. 31-36
- Additional Resources p. 37
- Terms and Credits p. 38
I know this activity will by a “SPOOKTACULAR” success in your classroom! Please check out the preview for pages included in this unit.
Happy Fall Ya’ll!