Solve and Draw Printables are an easy, no-prep way to make review work or practice of decimal place value to ten-thousandths more engaging on those crazy days around Halloween! Put a new spin on color-by-number or mystery drawings and channel your students' love for doodling and drawing. These are also designed to provide practice the skills of reading math directions carefully.
How Solve & Draw Printables Work
All you have to do is print the Halloween themed pages! Students solve the decimal place value problems and add to the drawing based on their answers. When possible, to keep them from guessing, each problem may have one correct drawing prompt, two, or none. Each page has an average of 7 responses that require drawing. Drawing is no-prep because it can be done with the student’s normal writing utensil (pen or pencil). You may choose to allow colored pencils, crayons, or markers but they are not required. This works well as a homework option for families who may not have those supplies to offer and is an excellent emergency sub folder resource!
- Identifying underlined digits
- Comparing decimals using <, >, and =
- Words to digits
- Ordering decimals with the same number of decimal digits
- Ordering decimals with different numbers of decimal digits
- Rounding decimals
- 2 pages of mixed review (Idea: Make a review quiz fun!)
An optional challenge page is included that can be copied on the back of the worksheet – this gives students an extension opportunity by asking them to create a math problem that fits one of the incorrect drawing prompts or to create a math problem and their own drawing prompts.
****Updated 10/11/15 - page 8 had the same drawing prompt repeated for two problems. This has now been updated. Please download the updated file via your My Purchases page. Thank you!
You Might Also Be Interested In:
• Non-Seasonal version: Use all year long! Decimal Place Value - Space Theme
• Decimal Word Problems Solve & Draw Task Cards
••••••Buy all Decimal Solve & Draw resources together and SAVE!
• Fraction Operations Solve & Draw Pack: Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, & Division
• See all my Math resources by clicking here!
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store.