Products in this Bundle (4)
- Have you ever wanted to read "The Monkey's Paw" with your ESL class? Then this is perfect for you!The chilling classic is adapted to make it accessible to Beginner ESL students and less advanced readers. It is also available at a higher (but still adapted level) for regular ELA classroom.Tackle voca
- A perfect Halloween story for ENL Beginners!Beginner English language learners are crying out for stimulating texts to develop their reading and language skills. These texts are hard to find.This story is part of a collection of high interest material specifically designed by an experienced ESL teac
- Beginner English language learners are crying out for stimulating texts to develop their reading and language skills. These texts are hard to find. This story is part of a collection of high interest material specifically designed for ENL, ELL and ESL students. It is short (140 words), yet contains
- A simple two-side Halloween-themed graphic organizer to use after reading any combination of scary stories.In the first part, students list features that scary stories have in common. They do this inside the pumpkin. A graphic of a pie defines the word "analysis". (For example a creepy setting, or m
Also included in
- Make your year a little easier, and give your ELL students high quality, high interest, fun materials! If you covered everything in this pack it would probably take around 70 school days. That's a lot of material for your school year -- nearly 4 months!Many of these 33 resources work with multiple l$45.00$88.87Save $43.87
Two perfect Halloween stories and a nonfiction article for ENL Beginners bundled with a Pumpkin Scary Story Paragraph Pie to help your ELLs analyze any scary literature!
This special Halloween Bundle includes:
- The Monkey's Paw (Complete - ESL Beginner story, activities and graphic organizers)
- A Strange Teacher (Complete - ESL Beginner story and graphic organizers)
- Pumpkin Scary Story Paragraph Pie (a two-side graphic organizer.)
- The non-fiction article, The Ghost School (comes with ideas for teachers and all handouts.)
Beginner English language learners are crying out for stimulating texts to develop their reading and language skills. These texts are hard to find.
This story bundle is part of a collection of high interest material specifically designed by an experienced ESL teacher for ENL, ESL, ELL students. They are short yet contain meaningful content and exciting activities that are sure to provoke discussion. They are designed to be used to easily teach ELA concepts.
Each story and nonfiction article in the series uses vocabulary from one section of the Oxford Picture Dictionary. If you have access to the dictionary, the text pairs with it, enabling you to easily create a multiple day unit of vocabulary work and reading. If you do not have access to the dictionary the text and activities can stand alone. The series of texts introduces literary elements, reading skills, grammar and vocabulary.
- Two ESL beginner level stories with original artwork. (This is easily weeks worth of material).
- One spooky non-fiction beginner article with photo.
- Activities including grammar and writing.
- Ideas for teachers — what to do before reading, during reading and after reading.
- Two grids for retelling the story as a comic.
- A portrait frame (to teach character) with text detail boxes and STEAL analysis.
- A film strip graphic organizer for teaching setting.
- A T-Chart for comparisons (the story's classroom setting vs. your classroom).
- Answer keys.
- The two-side pumpkin graphic organizer to help your students analyze and write a paragraph about what makes scary stories scary.
- 5 Days of lesson plans ready to submit (with The Monkey's Paw).
- Hours of high quality, high interest teaching!
Further Details - A Strange Teacher
= Succeeding in School, The Classroom, A Day at School.
= To be, Regular present tense (to say), Some prepositions (in, behind, on, outside, off).
= Setting focus (also character).
= 1 hour plus (depending on how many of the additional exercises you use, such as the setting or character handouts.)
Further details - Nonfiction - "The Ghost School":
Oxford Picture Dictionary correspondence = The Classroom, School.
Grammar = To be, past tense.
ELA = Nonfiction, questioning
Grades = 4+
ENL Level = Beginner
Estimated length = 40 minutes to multiple hours (depending on how many of the extra handouts are used, such as the comic grid.)
Answer key included.
Please note: these product can be used alongside The Oxford Picture Dictionary, but is in no way associated with or endorsed by Oxford University Press.
Further details - Fiction - "The Monkey's Paw":
ELA = Fiction, Conflict, Questioning, Setting, Details, Inferencing, Character, Irony.
Grades = 6+
English as a New Language Level = Beginner and up
Estimated length = Five hours, plus (depending on how many of the additional exercises you use, such as the setting or character handouts.)
Answer key included
File Type = PDF (Lessons plans in Word format for modification)
More great materials for your ELLs:
Be sure to check out my Halloween products for nonfiction, an original short story, plus the classic "The Monkey's Paw". They are all for beginner ESL students, and there is a great value bundle containing the whole lot of them. If you're looking for fun activities, nonfiction, a short story for Christmas ("The Little Match Girl") and the New Year, take a look at my Christmas and New Year materials. I also have a series of short stories that will engage your students at any time, while teaching grammar and vocab. Enjoy browsing, and have fun teaching!