How To Carve A Pumpkin Fall Writing Activity will be great practice for your Kindergarten - Second Grade Students!
It is both Digital (Use with Google Classroom) and Printable!
Poster of “How to Carve a Pumpkin” with transition words
Cover for Booklet – 2
9-page writing booklet
About the Author – Students will draw a picture of themselves and write about themselves.
•Duplicate a copy of the booklet for each student.
•Staple on the left side.
- Display poster on screen or copy for students. Have your students orally tell the story in order of the pictures using transition words to help them begin. After modeling you may choose to let them practice in pairs.
- Next instruct the students to write a sentence about each picture beginning with the transition word in the word box.
- The transition word is the first word listed in the word box. Instruct the students to use other words in the word box to help them. When your students complete their story, they will use the writing checklist to review their work.
- Students read the story to a partner when finished.
Included are 9 slides that you can share with your students through Google Classroom or Google Drive, which they can then type directly into, and then share back with you!
Directions are included on how to copy these files directly into your Google account. I hope this makes things easy for you, and super easy to share with your students.
Here are some of the reasons you may want to use Google Classroom/Digital Resources this year:
- Great For Distance Learning
- Students work directly in the file
- Easy Portfolio of student's work
- Improve students writing
- Integrates technology
- High engagement
- Students can access anywhere
- Kids can use these materials on iPads, Chromebooks, and other devices
Other Google Classroom Resources