Your students will have lots of fun reading and writing about one of their favorite holidays with the activities in these Halloween -themed emergent/beginning literacy learner materials.
Included in this product:
• A 4 page mini-dictionary with color words, number words 1-9, and 16 common Halloween vocabulary words
• 1st page includes a Halloween picture and the matching word
• 2nd page is the first version of the same words written as singular and plural- great time to introduce “s” and its varied spelling (witches, mummies)
• 3rd page is another version of the singular/plural Halloween words, but with 12 instead of 16 words (the 16 word page became quite ‘busy” with print and may overwhelm your students who are just beginning to learn print concepts, so this was added for differentiation)
• 4th page includes 9 basic color words and the number words one-nine.
• Page 5 – two options for the cover of the student emergent/beginning reader book (one in color with pictures & one in grayscale bubble letters with no pictures)
• Pages 6 -10 Halloween themed little book (emergent/beginner) using number & color words with picture clues
• Pages 11 -14 Option #1 - Student Halloween booklet - this book template has primary writing lines and the sentence beginning “I see one” continuing on with a half page for each number up to 9. Students use the language pattern of the book “What do you See on Halloween?” to write their own book.
• Page 15 Option #2 - Student Halloween booklet - this 1 page template has primary writing lines with the clue words “number”, “color”, and “Halloween word” under each writing space to provide more structure/support to those students who need it. The number & color word picture dictionary at the beginning of the product may be used for this page as a reading/spelling resource.
I hope you and your students enjoy this Halloween literacy material. Thanks for your interest! If this product fits the instructional needs of your students, you may be interested in the items in my store, which features K-5th grade products in a variety of subject areas:
My TpT Store
Here are a few of my products from the store:
Owls Read Aloud Comprehension
Phonemic Awareness for Big Kids
Informational Text Comprehension Bundle with books by Gail Gibbons
Halloween Color by Vowel Sound
Halloween Read Think Write
Halloween Emergent & Beginning Guided Reading Book & Writing Activity
by Amy Bratsos
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License