This free sample is going to be perfect if you are ready to try an Escape Room for your elementary students. Try this one and your students (and you) will be sold on this engaging format for practicing skills and solving problems.
This sample is provided to give you and your students a chance to try one task from a locked box/escape room. These events have become our very favorite activities and we follow most of them with a STEM Challenge.
What is included?
- 2 pages of detailed teacher directions
- 2 versions of a math riddle page
- Answer key
- Riddle strip poster
- Box label and Congratulations card
- Hint cards
- Paper lock strips
- 2 small certificates
- Ideas for using this task (including alternatives to boxes and locks)
The math riddle page for students to solve is included in two ability levels. You are also provided with the labels for your locked box and tips for what to use as the box. If you do not want to purchase a lock for the sample, you are also provided with a paper lock system in which students bubble numbers for the lock code. The math riddle page has an answer that will lead students on a search for a specific riddle poster strip. The correct poster strip has the lock code to open the box. The poster strips and a Hint Card are included. You also may choose between two small certificates of completion.
How is this SAMPLE different from full-size Escape Rooms from Teachers are Terrific?
Full-Size Escape Rooms have:
- 3 pages of tips, advice, and expectations
- 3 tasks to complete
- Written and photo versions of the detailed teacher directions for each task
- Full-size answer keys
- Full-size certificates
- Full page of paper lock strips
- Check off sheet to help in preparations
- Black/white versions of all pages in color
In addition, the full-size Escape Rooms have a STEM Challenge included in the resource.
Here's the Full-size Haunted House Escape Room:
Some things students have said about Escape Rooms:
- “I loved it because it made me think and try to put clues together.”
- “It was fun because it was different.”
- “It was fun even when we got the wrong lock code because we had to learn from messing up.”
- “After three years of STEM this is the favorite thing I have done. I loved every part of this. I loved solving the puzzles and finding things. It made me use by brain.”
- “I loved this. It was like a competition and we were constantly working to get to the next level.”
- “This worked for me because we were all busy. When we build something in STEM I don’t always have a great job in my group. With this we all were important.”
- “This was a good change from always building something. We used so many thinking things.”
Try this Sample and your students will be hooked. Check the resources below for more Escape Rooms!
- Land Forms
- Space Shuttles
- Winter Sports
- Back to School
- End of the Year
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches:
Click here to follow my store. It’s that easy to receive email updates about Teachers Are Terrific!
Keep in Touch!
Thank you so much,
Teachers Really are Terrific!