Are you looking for a resource that will give your students practice working with skills, while still being fun and Halloween themed? Look no further! This resource will give you leveled options that you can use tomorrow with your students!
Figurative language can be a difficult concept for students to grasp. This product offers 2 versions of figurative language practice with three different leveled options! Then, students get the opportunity to write their own Halloween figurative language. The figurative language examples include alliteration, hyperbole, metaphor, onomatopoeia, personification, and similes.
One version includes 52 cards with examples of Halloween themed figurative language. These can be used as sorting cards, or they can be used with one of the three differentiated answer sheets to provide a challenging and fun task that can be used as a station activity, group work, or any way you see fit.
The examples also come as worksheets to allow for versatility. You can choose the option that works best for you, or mix and match!
A writing task is also included that asks students to write their own Halloween themed figurative language! Students can practice applying this skill and exchange cards with their peers for extra practice. The options are endless!
Here’s what is included:
• 52 Figurative Language Cards with three leveled answer sheets
• Optional sorting card headers
• 3 leveled worksheets with the same 52 examples of figurative language (allows you versatility and multiple options)
• Halloween Themed Figurative Language Writing Task Cards-6 cards with the type of figurative language and 32 cards with Halloween topics. Mix and match the cards to give students a fun writing task to allow them to practice writing figurative language!
• A rubric for the writing task
• Halloween Themed definition sheet for students with definitions of the 6 types of figurative language included
• Teacher’s guide with ideas for using the resources that are included
Thank you for checking out my work! If you like my product, be sure to follow me so you can be kept up to date with new products, freebies, and sales :)
Be sure to check out my other Halloween themed resources!
16 Halloween Writing Prompts and Matching Papers-CCSS Aligned
Scary Story Common Core Organizers and Rubrics for Standards #1-7. Great for any scary story!
"Haunted" by Shel Silverstein CCSS Resources, Station Work, and Writing Task
Halloween Witch's Recipe Explanatory Writing