Differentiating learning activities for all of your students during the same math lesson doesn’t have to be overwhelming! This no prep Fifth Grade Choice Board activity will engage students in Adding and Subtracting Fractions, in the context of fun Halloween themed situational story problems (word problems).
Many Ways to Use this Choice Board
- Encourage students to complete problems that challenge them.
- Differentiate by assigning certain problems to certain students.
- Direct students to complete any problems they would like, totaling 10 pumpkins.
- Students can work in partnerships, choosing a problem and agreeing on an answer before checking the answer key*.
- Fast finishers can complete another “round” of problems. They use a new recording sheet to complete a different problem from each row.
♥Choice Board: It includes 15 Halloween themed problems, each marked with pumpkins to indicate difficulty level. All problems focus on Addition and Subtraction of Fractions.
♥Student Work Recording Sheet
♥Answer Key: The answer key is designed to be self-checking and for student use. Place a sticky note over each answer. Once students have completed a problem, they should find an “Answer Key Station” in the classroom and peek under just the sticky note they need. This instant feedback helps students to avoid making the same mistake across an entire assignment. When they discover they have an incorrect answer, they should revise and rework the problem until they arrive at the correct answer. Knowing the correct answer provides students a target for their hard work. It also frees teachers up to provide instruction to small groups or 1:1 coaching!
You might like some of my other related products!
Don't forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases. I love that feedback!
Also FOLLOW ME to be the first to know when I post a new product. New products are 50% off for the first 24hours, so it pays to follow me!
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Thank you so much,