This product contains Halloween games for your students.
- Teacher Notes
- 4 Word Searches - 2 words searches with pictures and 2 word searches without pictures
- 12 Pictures and Words Cards (Laminate and cut apart)
- On PowerPoint (8 Slides) - Words within a Word game -Whole class can join in
- Word Searches - Students shade in or cross through the words they find in the grid. When they find a word, they can tick the box.
- Memory Game - Players shuffle the cards and lay them face down. They take turns to select two cards . If a picture and a word match, e.g. picture of a cauldron and the word 'cauldron', the player keeps the cards. If the word/picture do not go together, the cards are returned face down. Players have to remember where the matching cards are. The winner is the player with the most matching picture and word cards.
Picture/Word Cards are: bats cauldron witch zombie pumpkin broom cat ghost werewolf spider skeleton and mummy
- Words within a word - Ideal game for students to increase their vocabulary
The PowerPoint shows how the game is played.
I have included animation and sound - cackle of the witch and letters floating out of the word Halloween so that your students can see that they only use the letters in Halloween.
Some words are listed on a separate sheet of paper for your information.
Slide 8 - As an extra game, you may want to ask your class to find words in the word 'pumpkin'. There are not many - so this will be a short game. See some words in the notes section on the slide.
- Activity Sheet - I have also produced a worksheet with spaces for 30 words that can be made out of 'Halloween'. As an extra challenge, you can set a time limit for your class to find as many words as possible.
Hope you enjoy these games.
Please see Preview Pane.
You may be interested in Interactive Halloween Bingo plus you can play it the traditional way with call cards: