Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
2.8 MB | 19 pages
Halloween is a great time to focus on suspense and horror! This bundle includes everything you need to keep your students engaged and thinking critically. All activities include high interest pieces that challenge students and hold their attention. Spooky stories, haunting poetry, unbelievable nonfiction, and MORE!
- Poe's "The Masque of The Red Death" full text
- Symbolism activity for the short story (7 deadly sins) - answer key included
- Creative Project "Prince Prospero's Playlist" to analyze imagery + mood
- Critical Thinking questions + answer key for "The Masque of The Red Death", students consider symbolism, reliability of narrator, theme, etc.
- Nonfiction article Scavenger Hunt on America's First Serial Killer
- Research activity based on nonfiction article
- Spooky Square - a "magic square" with literary terms
- Poetry Analysis activity: includes poem + thinking stems + illustration activity to enhance student understanding of symbolism, tone, and mood
- Pumpkin Project - an extra credit assignment where students are prompted to carve a pumpkin using their favorite author or story as inspiration. Rubric Included