Halloween Homophone Activity
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This context clues bundle is full of fun activities that your students will love. These TEKS and Common Core aligned activities and games give your students fun ways to practice using context clues, prefixes, suffixes, synonyms, antonyms, homophones, and multiple meaning words.Check out the previewPrice $30.88Original Price $47.50Save $16.62
- Looking for fall activities that are both educational and fun? Your students will love using context clues, prefixes, suffixes, synonyms, antonyms, homophones, and multiple meaning words with these fun Halloween, fall, and Thanksgiving context clues task cards and Halloween homophones game.Both setsPrice $9.50Original Price $12.00Save $2.50
Looking for a fun Halloween activity to add to your literacy stations? This Halloween homophones game is just what you're looking for! Your third graders will love using context clues to identify, distinguish between, and use homophones in these Halloween themed sentences!
This highly engaging Halloween game will motivate your students to use sentence-level context clues as they identify and use homophones.
Easy to Play, Easy to Read Student Instructions:
1. Each player chooses a game board. (Up to 4 Players)
2. Stack all the cards face down.
3. Choose one card from the pile. Whoever can use that word in one of the sentences on his/her game board writes it on the game board with a dry-erase marker.
4. The first person to complete all sentences on his/her game board wins.
Here's what you'll get:
- Easy to assemble instructions & student directions
- 40 homophone playing cards (19 homophone pairs – 2 sets of 3)
- 4 homophone game boards
- Answer key for each homophone game board
- Color and black & white versions
Homophones used in the game:
witch – which, blue – blew, buy – bye, new – knew, ate – eight, hour – our, hair – hare, fare – fair, knight – night, sea – see, won – one, there – their – they’re, to – two – too, red – read, flu – flew, no – know, in – inn, way – weigh, tail - tale
Easy to Assemble:
Print, cut, & laminate for write & wipe play.
Keep it for years!
Use this Halloween activity during literacy stations, in small groups, or even when you have a sub during guided reading.
⭐ What Others Have Said:
"Cute October resource for fun and reinforcement! Thank you!"
"We had so much fun with this activity. My kids were so excited to scoot around the room finding the matches. "
"Homophones are a little challenging for my kiddos this year, so this resource is greatly appreciated."
"Fun and goes well with Which Witch book!"
"My third graders LOVED this Halloween themed homophone activity. I used this as a small group activity (which some were able to complete independently). They were eager to check their answers using the answer key and try out the different passages."
⭐ You May Also Like:
Halloween Context Clues Task Cards with Digital Options
✨ All my new products are 50% off for the first 24 hours. Click here to follow my store and receive notifications when I create something new so you don't miss out on the savings.
I’d love to hear from you if you have any questions, issues, or requests!
❤ Laura Heinen
✨ Leave a review to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. You can easily do this by clicking the "Provide Feedback" button next to the items you've purchased on your "My Purchases" page.
Copyright © Cultivating Critical Readers, LLC.
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.