The Monkey's Paw by W. W. Jacobs Activity Bundle
This is a very comprehensive bundle with 50 pages of instructional resources and activities related to the short story, The Monkey's Paw by W. W. Jacobs. I have created instructional materials for all three parts of the short story. I think your students will enjoy this bundle which includes.
1) A comprehensive Monkey’s Paw Lesson Plan
2) The Monkey’s Paw Pre-Reading Worksheet: A worksheet that works as an anticipatory pre-reading guide. It focuses on prediction as well as amulets, good and bad luck, and how these concepts relate to the students’ individual cultures.
3) Three different scavenger hunts for information: These are 16-32 question active reading scavenger hunts where students actively hunt for information while they read. These scavenger hunts are meant to enhance enjoyment and check for understanding. They are always a hit with my high school kids. Answer sheets are included.
4) Three different Word Detective/Word Attack vocabulary activities with a total of 20 words.
In these activities, students act as vocabulary detectives using their word attack skills to determine the meaning, of new words in context using actual dialogues and narration from the story. They are also asked to provide synonyms and identify parts of speech. There are also questions related to figurative language and word variation. Answer sheets are again included.
5) A comprehension post-reading worksheet
Students answer questions and analyze the significance of important events in the plot and theme of the story. Answer keys are included.
6) A comprehensive crossword puzzle related to characters, events, vocabulary, and figurative language of the story.
7) Nine Post reading follow-up activities which include
• A Genie is a Lamp Graphic Organizer (a writing activity)
• The Monkey’s Paw Story map
• The Monkey’s Paw Wanted Poster Activity
8) An Elements of a Short Story Graphic Organizer: An active reading graphic organizers to help your students identify and chart the literary elements in the novel as they read.
Again I don’t think that you will find a more comprehensive and fun bundle on the Web. There are over 50 pages of activities. Also I will be adding things as the year progresses. Get it now at this price!
You can also access my store at