The following lessons are included in this unit:
1. Responding to why problem solving questions that require the students to employ thinking and reasoning skills in response to Halloween social scenarios. (3 pages). Specific vocabulary can be reviewed to increase lexicon – Words such as accompanied, reflectors and cautious.
2. A Halloween interview. Students will ask and respond to questions using social language skills of turn taking, maintaining a brief conversation and formulation of follow-up questions -2 pages.
3. Completing Halloween Similes. For example, The jack-o-lantern is as orange as a __________. Students will complete similes by providing a noun that can be described with a specific adjective adjectives. 2 pages 12 simile closure tasks to complete.
4. Following one to two step directives containing linguistic concepts (spatial, inclusional/ exclusional, temporal, such as next to, or, except, and, without, after/before). Directives are provided. 3 page colorful, motivating activity including 3 pages of directives).
5. Irregular past tense verbs - Future tense is provided, students have to produce the irregular past tense verb form.
6. Multisyllabic production of words - specifically designed for students having difficulty producing multisyllabic words. This can also be used for vocabulary development!
7. ***** Just Added!!! Antonym Development. A Halloween-themed sentence is provided with a highlighted word. Students are required to complete a sentence with the antonym.