Also included in
- Enjoy 10 Halloween Literacy Resources in both PRINTABLE and DIGITAL formats!Purchasing these resources separately would cost $This, LIMITED TIME Bundle Offer will save you 40%!!! INCLUDED IN THE BUNDLE:Grammar Games: Silly Stories for HalloweenGrammar Games: Silly Stories for FallHalloween Writing P$25.00$42.15Save $17.15
This is a really fun way to teach about the three main types of sentences: simple, compound, and complex.
- According to the Common Core State Standards, students should master this skill by third grade!
Digital links with complete text boxes are ready to go for students!
- Have students find simple, complex, and compound sentences in the books they are reading. Have them copy them on the bookmarks.
- Work with partners to think of complex and compound sentences for the practice sheets. Then answer the discussion questions about sentences together.
- Have students complete a bookmark for each type of sentence and then glue them into their reader’s or writer’s notebooks.
- Have students create a sentence work folder and add the bookmarks and practice sheets.
- Once the bookmarks are completed, challenge students to use some of the more complicated sentence structures in their own writing. Have them find 5 simple sentences in their writing and change them to either complex or compound.
- L.3.1. Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English grammar and usage when writing or speaking.
- Produce simple, compound, and complex sentences.