Four engaging Halloween literacy stations provide phonics and sight word reinforcement at the levels of differentiation you need in the classroom. Your students will practice CVC words, Fry’s first one hundred words, lowercase and uppercase letter matching, and consonant digraphs and trigraphs.
Each game follows the same engaging but simple game play. Your students will beg to play again and again. These games have all been tested in the classroom and approved!
♦ 1) Pumpkin Picking
- a CVC reading game
♦ 2) Which Hat is the Witch’s Hat?
- reading the first 100 words
♦ 3) Halloween Block Party
- recognizing upper and lowercase letters by both their name and their sound
♦ 4) Monster Mash Phonics
- reading consonant diagraphs and trigraphs (bl, br, ch, ck, cl, cr, dr, fl, fr, gh, gl, gn, gr, kn, ng, ph, pl, pr, qu, sc, sh, sk, sl, sm, sn, sp, st, sw, th, tr, tw, wh, wr, nth, sch, scr, shr, spl, spr, squ, str, thr, tch, dge)
♦ 5) Graphing Practice
- Graphing and tally practice where students fill out their results from the rounds of the game.
*If you like this activity, check out other phonics based activities in my store.*
- a lift the flap dice game that is great for ESL/ELL students and beginning readers
CVC Literacy Center Bundle
Read and write the room activities for every vowel that get your students up and moving.
To see more of how this is used in the classroom, as well as, other teaching ideas visit EAL at Home and School
I would love to know how you used this product. Simply leave your answer and feedback on this download and you'll gain valuable tpt points that can be used to buy other products on this site instead of using cash.