**Halloween Fun for Kindergarten**
This packet includes several literacy activities perfect for a kindergarten classroom around Halloween!!
There are twenty printable pages focusing on important kindergarten literacy skills, such as listening for beginning sounds and matching to a letter, writing letters, building sentences, sorting by beginning sounds and emergent reading skills.
Here are the contents of this packet:
1. Five pages on which students match the letter that represents the beginning sound with the picture.
2. Two page where students cut and paste letters to build the words Halloween and pumpkin.
3. Five pages on which students read a simple sentence, trace the sentence, and then cut and glue word pieces to build the sentence. The sentences use basic sight words and a simple sentence structure, such as "Look at the ghost." and "The bear is in the pumpkin."
4. A sorting activity in which students cut pictures and glue them in the correct column based on beginning sound; this focuses on the /m/ sound, like moon and the /w/ sound, like witch.
5. An emergent reader little book entitled "I See Halloween" which follows the pattern "I see the witch." Both color and black-and-white versions are included.
6. Two handwriting pages: one with uppercase letters and one with lowercase letters.
These are independent practice activities that could be used as morning work, classwork, homework, or during literacy centers/stations/Word Work.
Thanks for looking and happy teaching!!
Clip Art purchased from Scrappin Doodles