Kids love Halloween! Have some fun and capture their excitement with the Halloween themed learning activities included in this pack! Your students will have a blast completing these while learning or reviewing many important skills! The Common Core Standards addressed in this pack are written on the cover sheet for each activity.
The following items are included: (Please download the preview for a look at the entire pack!)
1. Halloween flip book fun: Students have the opportunity to read a short story about four children and their adventure on Halloween night.
2. Spooky synonyms: Two activity choices are included. One activity can be used as a center where students match and record synonyms. An alternate activity can be used if synonyms have not been introduced or students are not ready to read the words independently.
3. Color by sum: A large Jack-O-Lantern has been provided. Students add to find sums within ten and color by the code provided.
4. Halloween graphing: Students will use a spinner to gather data. They will complete a tally table and bar graph. They will then interpret the data by answering questions.
5. Sorts galore: Four sorts are included with Halloween themed words. 1. Nouns/Adjectives 2. Common/Proper Nouns 3. Nouns/Verbs 4. Short Vowels/Long Vowels/Both Short & Long Vowels.
6. Scary sentences: Two pages are included with five sentences each. Students write the sentences correctly on the lines provided (capitalization & punctuation).
Hope you have some freakyfridayfun with your students! Thanks so much for visiting Fun Time in First! Be sure to check out my blog for teaching ideas, resources, and exclusive freebies! http://www.funtimesinfirst.com