Mad Libs are a wonderful way to get children reading and writing by exercising their part of speech knowledge (nouns, verbs, adjectives, etc..). This Mad Libs activity aligns with the Halloween festivities. Enjoy!
1. Begin by reviewing the parts of the speech found in the Mad Lib.
2. Explain that the children should not read the story before filling in the blanks or it ruins the fun!
3. Children can fill in the blanks independently or in partners, asking their partner for the specific type of word needed to fill in the blanks.
4. Read the story out loud to their partner and/or the class to have a giggle!
5. Challenge children to create their own Mad Libs! Write a story and then remove some words (labelling the part of speech needed) for a friend to fill in.