Also included in
- First Grade Mega Math Practice Seasonal Unit Bundle First Grade Mega Math Practice gives your students a lot of practice in all areas of the Common Core First Grade Math Standards with seasonal themes. Students need many opportunities to work with all new math skills. These units have similar act$32.00$63.00Save $31.00
- Engage your students with this fun Standards-based First Grade Math Number Sense Activities Bundle, worksheets and digital activities and help them master these important foundational skills. These First Grade Math Number Sense Activities and Place Value Worksheets are perfect for morning work, home$114.00$225.25Save $111.25
Will you be teaching math centers and stations in the classroom, using distance learning, hybrid learning or homeschool learning this year? Now, Understanding Place Value Mega Math Practice 1.NBT.2-Halloween is adaptable to whatever learning situation in which you find yourself. Now DIGITAL for use with Google Slides™! First-grade math students need daily number sense practice. These DIGITAL + PRINTABLE, easy-to-use first grade Mega Math Practice activities are the perfect way to practice the standard. They are great for morning work, homework in the classroom, or for distance learning.
CLICK on the video above to see how this unit works!
This unit includes both a DIGITAL version that is compatible with Google Slides™ and the traditional PDF version that can be used for distance learning.
**Now Includes Digital**
This Halloween Unit provides multiple ways to practice understanding place value. Mega Math Practice 1.NBT.2 Understanding Place Value--digs deeper into the Numbers and Base Ten standard by giving your students a lot of practice in composing tens, and in understanding place value and multiple representations. 1NBT.2 is all about creating a solid foundation of understanding place value. This foundation is important for the later skills of adding and subtracting two-digit numbers. Students need many opportunities to work with all new math skills. This practice is important for your students to master in order to understand higher-level math concepts.
This unit is aligned with the First Grade Common Core Math Standard 1.NBT.2:
Understand that the two digits of a two-digit number present amounts of tens and ones.
Understand the following as special cases:
a.A 10 can be thought of as a bundle of ten ones — called a “ten.”
b.The numbers from 11 to 19 are composed of a ten and one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, or nine ones.
c.Understand the following as special cases: The numbers 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90 refer to one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, or nine tens (and 0 ones).
It includes this place value practice:
**Understanding Place Value: (NBT.2)
Tens and Ones
How Many Tens and Ones?
Tens and Ones - Multiple Representation
Color the Number on the Hundred Chart
Hundred Chart Patterns-Fill in the 120 charts
**Bundle of Tens:(NBT.2a)
Making Tens with Leftovers – Three types
**Teen Numbers: (NBT.2b)
Making Ten with Leftovers
**Multiples of Ten: (NBT.2c)
Counting by Ten
Writing Multiples of Ten
It includes over thirty pages of practice with a Halloween theme. I use these pages during our “written math practice” rotation during math workshop/guided math time. These pages can also be used for early finishers or homework during the time that you teach the 1.NBT.2 math strategy. Watch for more MEGA MATH PRACTICE units to come aligned with the Common Core State Standards.
I have used ‘guided math’ in my classroom for over ten years. I begin my teaching time block teaching/spiraling math concepts as a whole group, but most of my math block is devoted to guided practice in small groups followed by independent or small group practice, centers,and intervention. I begin my math time every day with a page from my popular Number of the Day series. You may find more math in this “printable” format in my store.
I hope that you and your kids enjoy this fun resource. Check out my store for lots of fun math units including my popular Number of the Day units for grades K-Second.
This purchase is for one teacher only.
• This material is copyrighted by Barbara Morgan Balius. The purchase of this copyrighted product includes a limited license for your classroom use. It is meant for use by one teacher in one classroom. You may use this resource for each of your students in one classroom.
The product may not be copied and distributed, uploaded to the internet, or stored in a public retrieval system outside of the scope of your classroom before obtaining written approval from its author, Barbara Morgan Balius. This resource is not an Open Education Resource (OER) and as such cannot be uploaded to any #GoOpen websites, including, but not limited to, Amazon Inspire. If you intend to use it for more than one classroom, a whole school, or a whole district, additional licenses may be purchased on Teachers pay Teachers in my store. The pages included in this resources may not be used in whole or in part to create something new, and/or be distributed in any way without written consent from the author, Barbara Morgan Balius.
If you have any questions pertaining to this limited license for this product, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a quote.
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. You will now receive email updates about my store.