Halloween Subtraction Math Activities and Games
★ Halloween Subtraction Facts Activities
★ 3 Ways to Play
★ 50 page Halloween Subtraction download
★ 231 Subtraction Facts to 20. Differentiate!
(Addition Facts available in my other product listings .)
★ Use as simple Halloween Subtraction flashcards or for the activities below:
Game 1: Halloween Subtraction: Select 10 pairs of facts with the same answer (20 cards). Students play Memory or Concentration, turning over 2 cards at a time and keeping them if they have the same answer. The game is over when all cards are gone. The winner is the student with the most cards. Keep cards that belong together in individual baggies.
Game 2: Halloween Subtraction
Select the cards that are appropriate for your students. Place cards face down in a pile. Students roll a die to see how many cards they can pick. Students keep each card that they correctly solve. The game is over when all cards have been drawn. The winner is the student with the most cards.
Game 3: Halloween Subtraction
Select the facts that a group of students needs to practice. Students line up the cards as though they are on a path. This creates a “follow the path” type game. Each student has a game token. Students take turns rolling a number die, moving that number of spaces and solving the fact that is on the space where the student lands.
Designed to be printed out back to back with sets of 20
Different Halloween clipart pictures printing on the reverse side.
You can choose not to use the backings, and just print out
the subtraction facts, optional recording sheets, and awards,
or you can simply print as is and glue the backings on
OR PRINT BACK TO BACK AS FOLLOWS:
First, run pages 1-22 – These directions, Seller Info & 20 pages of subtraction facts.
Then, place the fact sheets face up AND facing you into the printer paper tray.
Now, print out pages 23-42 which contain 20 different types of backings (Back to School) that will be printed on the reverse side of each sheet.
Finally, just cut each sheet on the paper cutter into 12 square cards.
Pages 43-50 contain 8 optional recording sheets on which students can write the subtraction facts they solve. 4 are in color, and 4 are in black and white. You can laminate the colored versions, and ask students to use erasable markers, OR you can print out the black and white versions for students to record in pencil.
Pages 51 and 52 are 4 optional Subtraction Champion Awards, 2 color, 2 BW.
You can see my other Halloween Products by clicking on any of these links:
Halloween Build A Word Wheels
– Set 1 – Different Ways To Use and Record – 63 Different Combinations of Wheels, so you can make 63 Word Builder Wheels with this set! - Includes 4 Word Builder Awards and 8 Recording Sheets – Great for Differentiating Word Building Practice with your students - 7 inner wheels and 9 outer wheels.
Halloween Candy Corn Compound Words Puzzles
– 96 Compound Words - Self Correcting!
8 sets with 12 different compound words in each set. 20 Page Download
Answer keys, 4 optional recording sheets and 4 awards are included. 1 blank set of candy corn puzzles and answer cards in case you’d like to make some additional compound words you need.
Halloween Counting and Skip Counting Activities
- 30 Page Download - 60 Different Trick or Treaters make this activity perfect for a Halloween review of counting and skip counting by ones, twos, fives and tens to 100.
Halloween Emergent Readers - 2 Different Reading Levels
- 3 Books -4 Versions of Each -26 Page Download -
Easy Assembly – 12 books in all-8 Pages Per Book - Use for guided reading, and send home for extra practice.
Halloween Sight Words Literacy Centers Game Board Activities – 5 Different Game Boards Set 1
– All Halloween Themed - Contains spinners, gameboards, recording sheets, and awards. This file contains 5 different Halloween game boards for the first 100 Dolch sight vocabulary words. I have included 6 spinners.
Halloween Sight Word Literacy Centers Gameboard Activities – 5 Different Games – Set 2
– Last 120 Dolch Sight Words - This file contains 5 different gameboards for the last 109 Dolch sight vocabulary words. (First 111 Dolch words are on Set 1). Spinners, Gameboards, Recording Sheets, and Awards.
Halloween Sight Word Activities Ghost BOOsters! - First 100 Dolch Words
– Memory and Ghost BOOsters Card Game - 10 Sets – 5 Ways to Play - 55 page download - First 100 Dolch Words. (See set 2 in my other product listings for the last 120 Dolch Words.) You can print it out as is, but it is designed to be printed out back to back with 10 different sets of HALLOWEEN graphics printing on the reverse side to keep the 10 sets separate. Optional recording sheets with matching graphics and 4 Ghost-BOOsters Awards.
Halloween Spook-tacular Antonyms Literacy Centers
Recording Sheets and Award - 120 Words (60 pairs of antonyms) – 60 Different Trick-or-Treaters Match Up to Halloween Houses! - 4 Ways to Play - 29 page download – 5 complete sets with different backings and print color to keep them separate
Halloween Spook-tacular Contractions Literacy Center Activities
- Recording Sheets and Award -
23 Page Download – 48 Contractions – 4 different sets with 12 different pairs in each set. Students match contractions to the words from which they are made.
Halloween Spook-tacular Synonyms Literacy Centers
- Recording Sheets & Award (60 pairs of synonyms) and 60 Trick or Treaters in different costumes match up to Halloween houses for trick or treat!
4 Ways to Play -29 page download – 120 Words - 5 complete sets with different backings and print color to keep them separate.
Halloween Trick or Treat Onset Rime DIBELS Literacy Center Activities
– Match each Trick or Treater to a Halloween House to make a word… Real or Nonsense? Prints nicely in color or grayscale. All c-v-c words and some cc-v-c words, but you do not have to use the consonant digraphs for onsets.
23 Page Download - 3 Ways to Play - 24 different Trick or Treaters with onsets (beginning sounds and digraphs) match up to a variety of Halloween houses with rimes (–at, -ip, um, ed, ot, etc.). Optional recording sheets for students to write the cvc onset rime words they form. Play as a simple pick a Trick or Treater and match it to a Halloween House with a rime that forms a word. OR play “Real or Nonsense?” Trick or Treater onset cards can be placed in a decorated copy paper lid (Halloween scenery for sides inside and out provided). I have a Level 2 Version that you can find in my products listings. It can be added to set one gradually to make the activity more difficult and differentiate students’ practice.
Halloween SPOOKtacular! Trick or Treat Literacy Center Activities – Level 2 -
Onset Rime – Match each Trick or Treater to a Halloween House to make a word… Real or Nonsense? 48 onsets and 84 rimes- Prints nicely in color or grayscale. 34 Page Download - 3 Ways to Play - 48 different Trick or Treaters with onsets (beginning sounds, digraphs, blends and trigraphs) match up to a variety of Halloween houses with more complex rimes than in set 1 (–ear, -ight, ain, eat, end, etc.). Optional recording sheets for students to write the words they form. Play as a simple pick a Trick or Treater and match it to a Halloween House with a rime that forms a word. OR play “Real or Nonsense?” Trick or Treater onset cards can be placed in a decorated copy paper lid (Halloween scenery for sides inside and out provided). I have a Level 1 Version (a smaller file and only $2.95) that you can find in my products listings. It can be combined with this set to make it easier for students who have a difficult time with this level. It contains just short vowel c-v-c words. Adding this set will allow you to truly differentiate.
FREE - Halloween Literacy Center Activities –
Matching Upper and Lower Case Letters and Counting to 20 and Award Certificates - 14 Page Download - 4 Ways to Play - 72 different Halloween Costumes in All -
Halloween costume graphics with the lower case letters of the alphabet match up to other Halloween costume graphics with the upper case letters. Numbers 1-20 to arrange in order as well. Optional recording sheets for students to write the alphabet and the numbers. 6 Different Spooktacular Award Certificates at various levels.
Visit my store here:
Visit my Pinterest Board here to see product close-ups:
Visit my Blog: Learning Activities for Kids here:
Visit my Facebook Page here:
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star
next to my store logo and click it to become a follower
. Voila! You will now receive email updates about this store. ☺
Thank you for stopping by!
Linda Post: The Teacher’s Post
•Copyright ©Linda Post: The Teacher’s Post
• All rights reserved by author. This product is for your classroom or personal use. You may reference this product in blog posts, at seminars, professional development workshops, or other such venues provided there is both credit given to me as the author and a link back to my TPT store is included in your post or presentation. You may not claim this work as your own, alter the files in any way, or remove the copyright or watermarks. You may not sell the files or combine them into another unit for sale
•Clipart and elements found in this file are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. See product file for clip art and font credits. Thank you…
•Copyright ©Linda Post: The Teacher’s Post