Halloween Math Activities for 2nd Grade | Math Centers | Worksheet ALTERNATIVES
DITCH worksheets and get students ENGAGED with these 5 Halloween math activities. These interactive Halloween math centers help students practice sequencing numbers, 2 digit subtraction, working with base ten, mentally adding and subtracting 10 or 100, and three digit addition with regrouping.
5 Halloween Math Activities or Halloween Math Centers:
- Trick or Treat Addition (3 digit addition with regrouping)
- Spoooky Subtraction (mentally adding or subtraction 10 or 100 from a number)
- How Much Candy? (counting base 10 manipulatives up to 100 using 100s, 10s and 1s)
- Frankenstein Subtraction (2 digit subtraction with regrouping)
- Bat Sequencing (5 sets of sequencing numbers in order up to 1000)
How to Play:
In each game, students solve a math problem and match it to the correct solution. Each center comes with a recording sheet. These are perfect for independent practice or small groups.
Either print, laminate and cut these for use year after year OR print and let students use without laminating. Recording sheets can also be laminated and used with an expo marker for use year after year, or you can copy one per student. The choice is yours.
What Grades Should Use This?
These Halloween math activities are best fitted for second or third graders, but could be used as review or enrichment for other grades.
- Sequencing Numbers (5 sets)
- Double Digit Subtraction (with regrouping)
- Counting Base Ten Manipulatives
- Mentally Adding/Subtracting 10 or 100
- Three Digit Addition (with regrouping)
When to Use in Your Classroom:
- Halloween Party Day
- Math Center Time
- Independent Math Work
- Early Finisher Activity
- Small Group Review
- RTI or Enrichment
- Daily Math Warm Up
Interested in other Halloween activities for your first, second or third graders? Check these student favorites out below!
- Halloween Writing Bundle
- Halloween Read Aloud Summaries & Crafts
- Halloween Math Worksheets
- CHALLENGE Halloween Math Task Cards
- Creepy Carrots BUNDLE - Read Aloud Companions
Please ask all questions before purchasing. Email me at email@example.com with any questions.
You can also connect with me for first access to my resources, giveaways and FREEBIES via: Email | Website | Instagram | Facebook | Teachers Pay Teachers
Enjoy! Don't forget to leave feedback on all paid purchases for future credit toward free resources.