PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This challenging and fun Halloween problem provides students an opportunity to practice many real-life skills, including addition, subtraction, making financial decisions, and problem solving. This rich task includes three different versions so you may differentiate your instruction.
To set the scene, the students will receive a mysterious letter with a request from some spooky neighbors to help them plan a Halloween party. They will be responsible for making sense of the problem (outlined for them in the letter) and using one of the 3 price lists to follow the criteria in the problem. They must purchase food, beverages, decorations, and other supplies while staying within a certain budget.
Included in this product, you will find:
* A teacher direction page to help you create your lesson plans quickly (with standards addressed included for quick copying and pasting into your personal planning template)
* 1 letter introducing the problem to students
* 3 differentiated price list pages to address different learners or grade levels.
* 2 planning pages for students to use to solve the problem
* 2 pages for students to write their final decisions and keep track of/check calculations
* 1 follow-up letter thanking students for helping to solve the problem
Thank you so much for your interest in this product! Feel free to contact me with any questions or stop by my blog for more information: A Word On Third.