Halloween Math Centers 3rd Grade Common Core includes 6 colorful, engaging Math Centers for third grade. Each center includes printable center cards and a recording sheet. The centers have a Halloween theme and highlight beginning of the year common core math topics for review. Centers included:
1. Haunted House Fact Families: addition/subtraction and multiplication/division
2. Trick or Treat Patterns: sort number cards and find the rule.
3. Ghostly Rounding Match-up: rounding 3 digit numbers to the nearest ten and one hundred.
4. Spooky Number Stories: match number stories with models, write equations and solve.
5. Candy Corn Place Value: Craftivity~ decomposing numbers
6. Spider Web Puzzles: number grid puzzles
CCSS Standards Covered:
3.NBT.A.1 Use place value understanding to round whole numbers to the nearest 10 or 100.
3.NBT.A.2 Fluently add and subtract within 1000 using strategies and algorithms based on place value, properties of operations, and/or the relationship between addition and subtraction.
3.OA.D.8 Solve two-step word problems using the four operations. Represent these problems using equations with a letter standing for the unknown quantity. Assess the reasonableness of answers using mental computation and estimation strategies including rounding.
3.OA.D.9 Identify arithmetic patterns (including patterns in the addition table or multiplication table), and explain them using properties of operations.
3.OA.B.5 Apply properties of operations as strategies to multiply and divide.
See preview for sample of centers included in the product.