This mini-unit has resources to supplement your fall and Halloween place value lessons in first grade.
• 7 worksheets to reinforce place value/ number sense (comparing and ordering numbers, counting, making groups of ten, ten frames, number words)
• Numbers 1-50 on candy corn and pumpkins (two separate sets, 12 numbers per sheet)
• Candy Corn Math: 26 Candy Corn Task Cards: Use these with the provided double ten frame to reinforce number sense in the teens.
• 26 Task cards that can be used with the candy corn and pumpkin number cards (or any set of number cards). These cover basic skills such as ten more, ten less, number words, counting on, counting back, etc...
• Task Card Recording Sheet
• Worksheet Option: Instead of using the task cards, students can follow directions on worksheet to complete similar activities.
• Five Problem of the Day sheets (6 copies of the problem per sheet) focusing on numbers to 50.
Download the preview for a closer look at this packet's contents!
For more fall-themed math practice, click here.