Halloween Math Project: Magical Bakery - FUN Math Review Activity
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Math Projects, This bundle contains SIX math projects, including Math Project: My theme cafe parts 1 and a bonus part 2, Math Project: My spooky store, Math Project: My Winter Wonderland, Math Project: My Easter Factory, Math Project: My Pets Paradise and Math Project: My Magical Bakery. These are lPrice $28.87Original Price $36.09Save $7.22
This Math Project: My Magical Bakery is a level progression project-based learning resource. It incorporates a range of math skills, as well as literacy and critical thinking skills. Engage and motivate your students by allowing them to make choices and apply a variety of math skills to progress through each of the 10 levels!
Not much prep is required by you, all you need to do is print/photocopy the files and decide which delivery options you would like to use as described in my Teacher Instructions.
Digital Option UPDATE: I've added the option to complete these pages digitally via Google Slides. You will need to be in 'edit mode' not 'presentation mode' to complete. Some knowledge of working with Google slides is required. I've done my best to put little notes and pieces of assistance along the way to help kids with certain tasks as it is a bit different to complete without a pencil.
The only extra resources that may be required are blank pieces of paper and calculators. Depending on student level and ability, such as younger grades, it may require some explanation by you (however, I have tried my best to make things as straightforward and structured).
There are a few options with how you could use this resource:
1. You could go through each level as a class and provide a modeled example to guide students through each specific activity.
2. Students independently/or in pairs work at their own pace through the levels. Teacher facilitates around the classroom, providing one-on-one assistance when needed.
3. This could also be used as an ongoing homework task. You could set a certain amount of levels per week, or allow students to work at their own pace through the levels.
4. Use as an early finisher project.
Packet Contents - (Main skills required in each level):
Level 1 – Bakery Set Up (Coordinates Letter/Number, Area, directional position)
Level 2 – Making Potions (Adding, subtracting, capacity measurement in milliliters only -> this section can be done even without knowledge of mL as it is mainly working with numbers)
Level 3 – Baking Magic (Fractions – comparing, adding with both like and unlike denominators)
Level 4 – Hiring Staff (Financial choices with a budget, addition, subtraction, time schedules, critical thinking)
Level 5 – Cooking Time (Time management, elapsed time, critical thinking, multiplication, data and graphs)
Level 6 – Decorating Station (Fractions mix of like and unlike denominators – students must follow fraction guidelines for decorative items they put on their baked products)
Level 7 – Setting Prices (Finance - follow number rules given when setting prices for items)
Level 8 – Customer Sales (Addition, data and graphs)
Level 9 – Magical Upgrades (Financial choices, budget constraints, addition and subtraction)
Level 10 – Magical Bakery Tour (Map Coordinates)
Fun Extension Tasks Provided at the end!
You may also be interested in some of the products linked below:
Math Projects Bundle Value Pack!
Math Mysteries Bundle Pack GRADE 3
Math Mysteries Bundle Pack GRADE 4
Math Mysteries Bundle Pack GRADE 5
Math Project: My Winter Wonderland
Math Project: My Easter Factory
Look for the little green star near my store name and click to follow for updates on new math projects added and more!