This file contains Halloween themed math stations targeted to the kindergarten common core and Texas TEKS standards for measurement. This file would be great to use in a kindergarten classroom or in a first grade classroom for reinforcement of math skills taught in kindergarten.
Common Core: K.MD.A.1, K.MD.A.2
TEKS: K.7A, K.7B and first grade 1.7A, 1.7D
In this unit you will find vocabulary posters for teaching: length, capacity, weight, height, taller/shorter, heavier/lighter and holds more/holds less.
There are 8 math stations in this packet:
1. Measuring with Pumpkins: kids measure items with pumpkin counters (counters come in black and white and color in sizes 1 inch by 1 inch or 2 inch by 2 inch, you can also use math manipulatives for counters if you want)
2. Measuring with Candy Corn: Students measure items from the classroom with candy corn counters.
3. Just Measure!: Measuring height of Halloween pictures
4. Measuring Capacity: You'll need to provide appropriate containers for your kids to use. Directions and recording sheet included.
5. Measuring Weight: You'll need items to weigh and balances. Directions and recording sheet included.
6. Comparing Heights: Kids compare the height of trick-or-treaters and record.
7. Comparing Capacities: Students compare the capacities of two different containers
8. Comparing Weight: Students compare the weight of two diffrent objects
Please ask any questions you have before purchasing! You can email me at email@example.com.
Visit my blog for freebies and fun!
Teachin' Little Texans