Relevant-to-Real-Life Word Problems get students to make calculations using decimals, percents, and ratios regarding consumer spending, Halloween trends, interesting facts about pumpkins, and more. Questions often involve dollar amounts sometimes in the million and billion dollar range. Based on real data! Challenging yet engaging!
Answer Key Included
Or you can buy this product in a BUNDLE of Fall & Winter Holidays Word Problems & SAVE:
Fall & Winter Word Problems BUNDLE
1. Halloween Math Word Problems: Calculating Decimals, Percents, and Ratios
2. Thanksgiving Math Word Problems I: Calculating Decimals, Percents, and Ratios
(With a section on planning a Thanksgiving Dinner and a section on calculations related to interesting historical facts about the holiday, so it is like 2 lessons in 1!)
3. Thanksgiving Math Word Problems II: Converting Common Units of Measurement
4. Winter Holidays Math Word Problems
(Includes Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, & Consumer Spending Trends)
5. Winter Sports Math Word Problems: Calculations With Decimals & Minutes/Seconds
Though not a holiday, winter sports play a big part in enjoyment of the holiday season.