Engage your students with these easy to use activities that will not only have your students practicing important math skills including finding percentages and working with data, but also discover fun facts about Halloween and even analyze their candy stash! You and your students are sure to love these worksheets perfect for the week of Halloween.
The following activities included are:
- The Math Behind Halloween: Your students will solve percentage problems related to real facts about Halloween in the United States.
- The Math Behind Halloween Candy: Chocolate vs. Non-Chocolate- Students will analyze their Halloween candy with this engaging activity. After creating a sample of their Halloween candy students will see what percentage of candy was chocolate and non-chocolate. They will then answer questions based on their data.
- The Math Behind Halloween Candy: Choose Your Brands: Similar to the previous activity students will choose specific brands of candy to look at within their Halloween candy sample. Students will then analyze their data and answer questions based on their findings. This option is a perfect way to differentiate and challenge your students.
There are a variety of ways you can incorporate these activities into your classroom including:
- You can have your students work in pairs or small groups to complete one or all of the activities.
- You can assign one of the options for extra credit.
You may also be interested in some of my other real world math activities:
Click here to follow me for updates on new products that are always 50% off for the first 24 hours!