Also included in
- Use this YEAR LONG BUNDLE of PRINT & GO + virtual math enrichment activities to challenge your high flying 2nd and 3rd grade students with advanced math problem solving fun ALL YEAR LONG. A Year of Math Challenges & Brain Teasers includes every math challenge and brain teaser pack in the sto$89.00$134.00Save $45.00
- Use these PRINT & GO and GOOGLE SLIDES math enrichment problems to challenge your advanced 2nd and 3rd grade students with engaging holiday-themed math problem solving! Perfect for early finishers or math enrichment, the Monthly Math Challenge & Brain Teaser Bundle includes a set of math cha$49.00$74.50Save $25.50
Now includes printable Halloween math worksheets + digital Google Slides versions! Use these PRINT & GO and virtual Halloween math challenges and brain teaser worksheets to challenge high flying 2nd and 3rd grade students with advanced math problem solving FUN this October. These Halloween math activities have engaging spooky themes students love, and are a perfect way to extend and enrich your advanced second and third grade mathematicians' learning!
The Halloween Math Challenge and Brainteaser Pack includes 26 NO PREP math printables + virtual math activities and answer keys you can use for second and third grade math centers, homework, fast finishers, number talks, Halloween centers, math enrichment contracts, small groups, or whole class problem solving.
Halloween themes include: pumpkins, candy, trick or treating, costumes, cats, bats, zombies, vampires, apples, owls, skeletons, monsters, witches, and ghosts.
Recommended as a challenge for 2nd and 3rd grade students.
Included in this pack:
13 Math Challenges
- Candy Count (Adding two-digit numbers within 100, logical thinking)
- Hotel Haunting (Place value, adding multiple 1-digit numbers, logical thinking)
- Bats in the Belfry (Repeated addition or multiplication with 2-digit numbers)
- Dem Bones (Repeated addition or multiplication with 2 and 3-digit numbers)
- Clue Combinations (Finding all possible combinations)
- Seed Scooping (Capacity conversions with cups, pints, and quarts)
- Haunted House (Repeated addition/multiplication, converting minutes to hours and minutes)
- Candy Cost (Adding and subtracting money within $10.00, logical thinking)
- Vant to Bob for Apples (Adding 1 and 2-digit numbers within 30, guess and check)
- Caramel Apples (Fractional parts of a whole, logical thinking)
- Monster Mash (Elapsed time, logical thinking)
- Halloween Parade (Mixed operations, converting seconds to minutes)
- The Leaves They are a-Changin’ (Determining total from fractional parts of a group)
All math challenges come with a lined page for written responses focused on strategies students used to solve the problem
- Which Witch is Which? (Logical thinking, guess and check)
- Candy Bowls (Logical thinking, guess and check)
- Ghosts in the Graveyard (Logical thinking, guess and check)
- Costume Kids (Logical thinking, guess and check)
- Hooo am I? #1 (Place value, logical thinking, adding multiple 2-digit numbers, easier)
- Hooo am I? #2 (Place value, logical thinking, adding multiple 3-digit numbers, more difficult)
- Spooky Sentences #1 (Addition and subtraction within 20, balancing equations)
- Spooky Sentences #2 (Addition and subtraction within 100, balancing equations)
- CATS Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, easier)
- BATS Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, easier)
- ZOMBIE Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, more difficult)
- GHOULS Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, more difficult)
- CARVE IT UP Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, most difficult)
- Student resource page with common conversions and extra info students might need to help solve these problems.
- Link to an interactive Google Slides version
- Google Slides FAQ and tutorial videos
- Answer keys for every problem
Check out the preview to see all challenges, brainteasers, and answer keys.
Have a fab day Super Teacher!
Sign up for the Super Teacher e-mail list and be the first to know about exclusive freebies, new products, and get super teacher tips and tricks for your teacher toolbox delivered right to your inbox!
If you like this product you might also like:
Become a follower and be the first to know about new Super Teacher freebies and product launches. It's Easy!
Click HERE to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates from TpT when I upload new products to my store. I typically give a 20% discount on all new products for the first 48 hours, so please follow and get in on the discounted fun. Nothing’s better than saving some moolah!
Get TPT credit to use on future purchases. It's FREE!
Go to your “My Purchases” page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a blinking “Provide Feedback” option. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I love reading your comments and value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you!